Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Event: 2423

I recently had this Warning in my Event Log:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3 Search
Event Category: Gatherer
Event ID: 2423
Date: 2010/03/23
Time: 09:09:04 AM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Description:
The update cannot be started because all of the content sources were excluded by crawl rules,
or removed from the index configuration.

Context: Application 'Search index file on the search server', Catalog 'Search'

Details:
Unspecified error
(0x80004005)



I checked the Search Administration, and found that all my content sources were "indexing" but no indexing were taking place. I could not pause the crawling, and nothing was being added to the Crawl Logs.

I then restarted the "Windows Services SharePoint Search" service, and the "Office SharePoint Server Search".

I could then pause the various Content Sources, and Indexing started.

Thats it!

No comments:

Post a Comment